Best Tobacco Pipes 2020 – Buyer’s Guide & Rating
Last Updated on
A Comprehensive Review of the Best Tobacco Pipes with Buyer’s Guide
Having the right tobacco pipe is essential for a better smoking experience. If you are looking for the best tobacco pipe for yourself or to use as a gift, then you have come to the right place. This write-up provides not only a comprehensive review of the best tobacco pipes but also presents a complete buyer’s guide.
Quick Tobacco Pipes Comparison:
- WINDPROOF WOODEN TOBACCO PIPE DESIGN: the smoking pipe comes with a deepened bowl, the depth of normal smoking pipe is about 1.5", but ours is about 1.7", which means tobacco will be stored safer in the bowl. Windproof design of the pipe bowl:the diameter of normal bowl is about 0.8", but our bowl is approx 0.7", you’ll get a more wonderful smoking experience!
- INCLUDING HIGH QUALITY LEATHER TOBACCO POUCH: the leather bag comes with 2 pipe holder pocket and other smoking accessories pockets, fits well with pipes, tobacco, other pipe tools and pipe cleaners etc, perfect for traveling, camping, business trip and outdoor use.
- ELEGANT WOODEN PIPE STAND: the tobacco pipe holder is made of high quality wood with beautiful finish surface, smooth, foldable and durable, suitable for most size of cigar pipes, a must have for any smokers.
- Solid wood tobacco pipe with many tobacco pipe accessories and high quality brown tobacco pipe pouch
- The Tobacco Pipe can free disassembly, cleaning is very convenient, the centre with smoke poison filter, filter oil Smoke oil vapor etc harmful substances,keep smoking is more healthy
- Tobacco pipe production processing precision, strict quality control, ensure that more than 98% of the pipe does not leak, craze
- TOBACCO SMOKING PIPE SET WITH GIFT PACKAGING CASE: This pipe set is equipped with pipe wind cap cover, pipe stand,metal ball, pipe bits, reamer and 3-in-1 scraper, cork knocker, 9mm pipe filters, pipe cleaning brush, bonus a pipe pouch. In addition, comes with a gift packaging case, easy to store the pipe and accessories, a must have for any smokers and an ideal gift for special festival.
- SELECT SUPERIOR MATERIAL: The pipe is made of superior rosewood, very durable; and the pipe surface has some arabesquitic, very smooth and beautiful; the gift case adopts food grade material, all of them are no harm for your health, you can use them without any worry.
- UNIQUE DESIGN: This pipe is designed with a wind cap cover, which is adjustable, so you can adjust it to make it fit with the pipe better; more importantly, the wind cap cover can protect the ash from being blown out by the wind, so you can use it at any place and enjoy a brand new smoking experience.
- Length - 180mm/7.08 inches, mouthpiece – 100mm/3.94 inches, tobacco camera - 18mm / 0.7 inches, depth of tobacco camera - 45mm / 1.77 inches
- For 9mm filter
- Fits really well in hand
- 🍂 PREMIUM QUALITY WOOD - Our handmade wooden pipe is artisanally crafted out of solid Ebony, while its design gives a modern colorful touch to one of the most traditional and reliable styles of pipe.
- 🍂 SMOKING PIPE KIT - The pipe kit is easy to use and clean, includes a high quality wood pipe and accessories (pipe stand, pouch, filters and screens) and smoking pipe cleaning kit (3-in-1 tool and pipe cleaners)
- 🍂 PIPES FOR SMOKING TOBACCO - Smoking pipes for tobacco provides a richer, more flavored smoke compared with cigars and vapes. Our Windproof tobacco bowl provides a deep draw & smooth that smokers will love.
- Ebony made it
- Modelling beautiful, soft handle
- Heat resistance, heat after no taste
- ROSEWOOD TOBACCO PIPE: Select the superior rosewood (does not contain any harmful objects), very compact but luxury, together with the wooden stand, easier to hold.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL REAMER AND 3-IN-1 SCRAPER: Multifunctional reamer, which is made of stainless steel, has an important role on reducing the dust and soot, the scraper is extremely lightweight, sturdy and durable, to put tobacco into the bowl and make it burning fully. They are must have for every pipe smoker. But pay attention to be careful when using.
- EASY TO USE AND HEALTHIER: The smoking pipe can free disassembly, cleaning is very convenient; 9mm pipe filters that can absorb smoke poison filter, filter oil smoke oil vapor etc harmful substances, keep smoking be healthier, the carbon layer is heat-resistant, so you can use it directly.
- Comes with a wooden pipe stand, it's foldable and easy to carry, you can feel free to sit the smoking pipe well on it, perfect to match up with your classical smoking pipe.
- Fits regular 9 mm filter, enjoy this pipe in your hand to create your own perfect experience.
- Hand made of high quality pear wood pipe with high standard polish, ensures durability and longevity and looks more beautiful and delicate than normal smoking pipe.
- CHURCHWARDEN ROSEWOOD TOBACCO PIPE: Special churchwarden smoking pipe design, enjoy your smoking time better. This pipe adopts superior rosewood material and exquisite workmanship, the texture is clear, looks very smooth and luxurious.
- METAL COOLING FILTER: The metal pipe filter can absorb nicotine, tar, and other harmful substances, provide you a healthier smoking experience. And this metal filter is washable and reusable, more convenient.
- EASY TO CLEAN: The wooden pipe is detachable, easier to clean. The 3-in-1 pipe scraper is good at cleaning the bowl after smoking. The pipe cleaners are flexible, suitable for cleaning the pipe mouthpiece, and removing moisture & residue from pipe. Pipe cleaning is very simple, no worry anymore.
- ✅ Dimension: 2.6”x1.3”
- ✅ Includes 1 tube and 5 filters.
- ✅ Excellent quality and easy to clean!
Last update on 2020-07-27 at 22:42 / Contains Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
|Joyoldelf Tobacco Pipes Maigret Black||4.4/5||Check|
|Pipes for Smoking-Tobacco Bowl||4.5/5||Check|
|Missouri Meerschaum- Legend Corn Cob Tobacco Pipe||4.6/5||Check|
|Mr. Brog Full Bent Smoking Tobacco Pipe||4.2/5||Check|
|Tobacco Pipe Ebony Wooden Smoking Pipe||4.3/5||Check|
|Scotte Tobacco Smoking Pipe||4.5/5||Check|
Review of the Best Tobacco Pipes:
Joyoldelf Tobacco Pipes Maigret Black:
This package features a quality pearwood tobacco pipe that has a classical appearance. It comes with a high standard polish that enhances the appearance and ensures longevity and durability. You can also detach the bowl and the stem of the tobacco pipe. This feature allows for easy maintenance. The length of this tobacco pipe is 6.1 inches, and the height of the bowl is 2.4 inches. Besides, you can use any regular nine-millimeter filters for this tobacco pipe.
The package also comes with a wooden pipe stand and leatherette pouch. As such, it is an ideal option to use as a gift for your loved ones.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- Features essential pipe accessories.
- Well-polished pipe for durability.
- High-quality construction.
- Easily detachable into two parts.
- Some users reported the formation of air bubbles in the pipe.
Pipes for Smoking-Tobacco Bowl:
This product is another best pipe, made of 100 percent food-grade silicone. The material of this product is free of any harmful chemicals such as phthalates and BPA. Besides, it is bendable and can handle temperatures up to 500-degree.
When it comes to the design, this smoking pipe has a unique honeycomb shape with an image of a honey bee on the front. The bottom features a secret compartment for storing cleaning tools. You can also easily disassemble this pipe. Moreover, the dimensions of this product are 4.33×1.5×1.33 inches, and it weighs less than 2.5 ounces. As such, it is lightweight, and you can carry around anywhere.
- Stylish and unique design.
- Premium material.
- It is easy to clean.
- Perfect for a gift.
- Highly heat-resistant.
- No filter.
Missouri Meerschaum- Legend Corn Cob Tobacco Pipe:
If you are looking for an affordable corn cob pipe, then this product is for you. It is one of the ideal options, especially for beginners, as it is easy to maintain and lightweight. This straight medium-sized pipe has a length of six inches with a bowl height of 1.75 inches. Besides, the chamber diameter and depth measures 0.75 inches and 1.25 inches, respectively.
Although this product features a flat, mid-sized bowl, it is also accessible in other bowl shapes, such as Rob Roy and 5th Avenue. Each of these bowl shapes features an amber bent and can hold a reasonable amount of tobacco. The stem of this product is transparent, thereby allowing you to clean it easily. Besides, it features a six-millimeter removable paper filter that keeps debris from entering your mouth.
- It is available in three different shapes.
- It offers a good draw.
- Perfect for beginners.
- It features a transparent stem that allows for easy maintenance.
- Some users have issues with its durability.
Mr. Brog Full Bent Smoking Tobacco Pipe:
This product is another best pipe manufactured by a trustworthy European brand. The material used for making this smoking pipe is of high-quality wood, which is the root of pear trees. The colors may slightly differ from one another since it is handmade. Besides, with its full bent shape, this pipe has a vintage appearance.
This pipe has a length of five inches, while the bowl depth is 1.6 inches with a diameter of o.7 inches. Although the diameter is narrow, it is deep enough to hold the right amount of tobacco. This product also comes with a built-in windscreen, which allows you to smoke out in the wind. Besides, it comes with a removable three-millimeter metal stringer filter.
- Lightweight and comfortable to hold.
- Built-in windscreen.
- Handcrafted from high-quality pearwood.
- Unique design.
- The color varies from one pipe to another.
Tobacco Pipe Ebony Wooden Smoking Pipe:
This product is one of the best smoking pipes for the money, which comes with essential accessories to ensure an enhanced smoking experience. This tobacco pipe weighs less than 0.3 ounces; as such, it is comfortable to hold. Further, the material is heat-resistant and does not produce any unpleasant smell after heated.
This product comes with a rubber insert, which you can use to cover the mouthpiece after smoking. Other essential accessories included in this package are poker tool, reamer, tobacco pouch, and plastic stand. Moreover, it features a nine-millimeter filter that controls the pace of the smoke. Overall, this package is a perfect choice for beginners.
- This pipe is compatible with all standard size filters.
- It features various essential accessories need for pipe smoking.
- Excellent quality and durable.
- Perfect to use as a gift.
- It does not include a user guide.
Tobacco Smoking Pipe:
If you are looking for the best pipe with a vintage look, then you should consider this product. This smoking pipe measures 1.7 inches in length, and the bowl has a diameter of 0.8 inches. As such, it can hold a substantial amount of tobacco.
An essential feature of this product is that you can disassemble the pipe into two parts. Hence, it is easy to clean. Besides, it comes with a wide range of pipe accessories such as a pouch, scraper, and plastic stand, among others. You can also use this package as a gift to your loved ones.
- It is easy to disassemble and clean.
- Constructed with high processing precision.
- Handcrafted from high-quality ebony wood.
- Include all essential pipe items.
- It is quite expensive.
Ultimate Buyer’s Guide:
Not knowing how to pick the best smoking pipes for the money can be frustrating. Nowadays, there are a significant amount of tobacco pipes available in the market, each with different shapes, sizes, and materials. As such, choosing the best tobacco pipe can sometimes be overwhelming. To help you avoid wasting your money on poorly made pipes, we have listed some of the essential things that you should keep in mind when looking for the best pipe. Remembering all these points will help you pick the right tobacco pipe, thereby enhancing your smoking experience.
- Know the material types of tobacco pipes:
Generally, there are three common materials used in the construction of tobacco pipes, namely, corn cob, briarwood, and meerschaum. Tobacco pipes made of corn cob are the most affordable material, and they are easy to maintain. It is the same smoking pipe that you will see in animated films such as Frosty the Snowman and Popeye. The construction of this type of tobacco pipes involves drying out a corn cob, hollowing out the center, and connecting a stem.
Briar is another commonly used material for crafting smoking pipes. You will find this type of tobacco pipes in both online and local stores. Briar tobacco pipes are incredibly durable, lightweight, and heat resistant. Besides, it can absorb moisture produced by burning tobacco.
Unlike the other two materials, meerschaum tobacco pipes are more expensive. The reason is that this material allows for complicated designs and craftsmanship. This type of smoking pipes can absorb moisture and tar, which gradually changes the color of the pipe. Many collectors value meerschaum tobacco pipes because of this distinctive coloring.
- Consider the shape:
Once you have decided on the material types, you should consider which pipe shape will be the best for you. You should note that tobacco pipes come in various shapes. Some smokers prefer only thin tobacco pipes, while others like only fat pipes. As such, choosing the shape of a tobacco pipe is a matter of personal preference. Nevertheless, there are two things that you should know when it comes to choosing the shape of a tobacco pipe.
The first is the size of the pipe chamber. If you want to smoke for an extended period, then you should opt for a tobacco pipe with larger chambers. But a smaller chamber would be the ideal choice if you prefer smoking multiple tobaccos or want occasional short smoke.
Another thing that you should consider relates to the shape of the stem. There are two variations, namely, straight stems and bent stems. Both have pros and cons. For instance, a tobacco pipe with bent stem is more comfortable to clench in the jaw, and it does not allow any moisture to enter into your mouth. On the other hand, tobacco pipes with straight stems provide more intense tobacco flavor as they allow smoke to flow directly into your mouth. As such, many smokers prefer to have both in their collections.
Besides these essential things, you should also lookout for the following features:
- Filters: Some people prefer an unfiltered pipe, while others want to smoke with a filter. But, you should note that filtered pipes provide an enjoyable and smooth smoking experience. However, it can cause condensation, thereby leading to the noisy smoking experience.
- Fit and finish: Make sure that your tobacco pipe looks fit and well-made. You should look out for any uneven spots or marks, which can be a sign that your smoking pipe is of poor quality. Besides, the shank and the stem should connect well.
- Weight: Typically, a lighter tobacco pipe will be better than a heavier tobacco pipe. The reason is that holding a lighter pipe is less fatigue. But, some smokers prefer heavier tobacco piper. Hence, deciding the weight of a tobacco pipe is highly subjective.
- Draw: Your tobacco pipe should also have an excellent draw. The draft hole should align rightly to the air hole.
Essential Pipe-Smoking Accessories:
It is crucial to buy the best smoking pipes for the money. But, if you want to have a better smoking experience, then you should consider the following accessories in your next visit to smoke store:
- Stands and racks: These accessories allow you to organize and display your tobacco pipes. You have several options when it comes to colors and materials. If you have an extensive collection of smoking pipes, then you should consider buying a rack.
- Waxes, washes, and polishes: With the help of these items, you can remove any oxidized spots and debris from your tobacco pipes.
- Jars and ashtrays: You should opt for these accessories if you want to avoid any spill out when smoking. You can also store your different tobacco flavors on an airtight jar.
- Filters: A filter will reduce the inhaling of tar and nicotine as you smoke. Besides, it will provide a dry and clean smoking experience with less irritation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How many pipes should you own?
The answer to this question will depend on how much you smoke. If you are smoking four to six bowls per day, then you should have at least four tobacco pipes. Nevertheless, you can still add to these over time.
- How do you light a smoking pipe?
Lighting a smoking pipe involves specific steps, as discussed below:
- The first step is to fill the bowl of the pipe with tobacco, which is significantly critical as it will affect the smoking process. Every time you fill the bowl with tobacco, make sure that you compress it lightly. Continue filling it until the bowl is about ¾ full. In other words, you should keep only a slight space between the tobacco and the top of the bowl.
- The next step is to take a test draw by putting the tobacco pipe in your mouth. The objective of this step is to ensure that the air flows freely through the tobacco. In case the air does not flow freely, then it means you have filled it too tight. The only solution is to remove the tobacco from the bowl and fill it again.
- Finally, light your pipe using a pipe lighter or a wooden match.
- What is the difference between pipe tobacco and cigarette tobacco?
One of the essential differences between cigarette tobacco and pipe tobacco is the chemicals used for making them. Generally, cigarettes contain a significant amount of toxic substances, while the chemical in pipe tobacco is more natural.
To sum up, pipe-smoking can be highly enjoyable. Nevertheless, choosing the best smoking pipes for money is not an easy task, especially for beginners. But, we are optimistic that this write-up has helped you learn all about tobacco pipes. Next time you want the best tobacco pipes, you know what to look for and how to use them.